Position: Program Coordinator
Organization: Community CarShare http://communitycarshare.ca
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Community CarShare is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual for its Program Coordinator position, based in the co-op’s Kitchener office. This position requires the individual to be comfortable in a challenging, fast-paced work environment, working with minimal supervision. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and hold a full “G” class Ontario drivers license, with a relatively clean driving record, maintained throughout the employment period. Frequent driving will be required. Vehicles will be supplied for work-related travel.
There are two Program Coordinator positions available. The working days for one position will be Friday to Tuesday, the working days for the second position will be Wednesday to Sunday. Working weekends and holidays will be required. This is a full-time, 35 hour/week position.
The job of Program Coordinator is a two-year contract. There may be an opportunity for continued employment at the end of the contract period.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide logistical support to fleet activities, by operating motor vehicles and analyzing needs.
- Address and troubleshoot member concerns in sensitive and thorough manner
- Facilitate growth and efficiency in carshare vehicle usage, through marketing, promotions, attending external events, and networking
- Provide support and training to member volunteers
- Perform data entry and research as required
- Maintain records and develop reports
- Coordinate community outreach by initiating and building relationships with community organizations such as places of worship, housing co-ops, and community and neighbourhood associations
- Help integrate carsharing into the sustainable transportation network
- General office administration, including answering phone calls and emails, receiving payments, bank deposits, petty cash reconciliations
- Attend evening committee meetings as required
- Provide support to other staff in the completion of their duties
- Other tasks as required
Education and Experience
- Education: Completed university or college education, preferably in a related field
- Experience: 1-2 years experience in a customer service role. Experience in a not for profit and/or co-operative environment is appreciated, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Understand, support and embrace the mission of Community CarShare
- Knowledge of co-operative principles and values
- Demonstrate commitment to environmental improvement and traffic reduction strategies
- Practical experience in sustainable transportation projects is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to relate and work successfully with multiple constituencies, both internal and external in order to work toward and succeed in shared goals
- Proactive and creative approach to networking and marketing opportunities
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office, web browsers and online databases, and ability to quickly learn other computer/online programs as necessary, including WordPress, MailChimp, etc.
- Detail-oriented individual who is able to multi-task effectively and demonstrates initiative
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to prioritize projects, ability to provide analysis
Deadline for Applications: Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, January 5, 2015
Applications should be sent to the attention of Janet MacLeod, Executive Director at
Along with your resume, please include a cover letter stating why you would be a good candidate for this position.
Community CarShare thanks everyone for their interest in the co-operative. However, due to time constraints, only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
About Community CarShare
Community CarShare provides access to 55 vehicles on a self-serve, pay-per-use basis to its 1350 members in Kitcehenr-Waterloo, Hamilton, Elmira, Guelph, St. Catharines, London, and Brampton. By filling in the transportation gaps with occasional car use, the co-op helps support the use of greener transportation modes such as transit and cycling. Members reserve vehicles that are located across the service area at self-serve stations, often near home or work, and on transit routes. Overall, driving is reduced, helping members to improve their personal and financial health, while mitigating climate change and increasing neighbourhood vibrancy. For more information about the co-op please visit http://www.communitycarshare.ca.