CSA recruiting new Executive Director
A resourceful, independent self-starter is required to sustain and grow the carsharing industry trade association. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the strategic and operational challenges facing carsharing operators and an insatiable desire for networking. This position will have a dual focus of engaging with and supporting current members while also growing the CSA’s membership worldwide.
- Approach car sharing operators and encourage them to become members.
- Engage with vendors that serve the car sharing industry and recruit them as affiliate members.
- Maintain and update a database of contacts and communications in Highrise CRM.
- Represent the CSA at meetings and conferences, especially those related to shared mobility. Accept public speaking invitations, as appropriate.
- Maintain regular personal contact with CSA members to understand the key challenges they face.
- Provide support and information to members. Make referrals and introductions as needed.
- Create opportunities for connection and information exchange in the form of webinars, conference calls and meetings, etc.
- Schedule and facilitates CSA board meetings and the annual member meeting.
- Lead and coordinate organization of the CSA annual conference.
- Keep the broader transportation and shared mobility community updated on industry developments, such as regulatory issues, mergers and acquisitions and research.
- Maintain the CSA’s presence on social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Maintain partnerships with APTA, UITP, CUTA and others by participating on committees, conference calls and meetings as necessary.
Finance and Administration
- Send invoices and collect accounts receivable. Collect annual CSA member dues.
- Pay expenses authorized by the board of directors.
- Maintain financial records and prepare financial reports for the board of directors.
- Work with the CSA board to in developing strategic and financial goals.
- Develop strategies for recruiting more members outside North America. Contract staff for business development overseas, if needed.
- Comprehensive understanding of carsharing operations, marketing & strategy.
- Passion for making connections within the carsharing and broader transportation communities. Existing connections within the carsharing industry are a major plus.
- Willingness to travel frequently and choose affordable accommodations.
- Experience and ability to organize meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Experience creating and managing budgets, accounts receivable and financial reports.
This is a part-time position and will average 25 hours per week. Actual hours week to week will vary based on the executive director’s travel schedule and other priorities. It is possible this position will grow as the CSA’s membership and financial resources increase.
To apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 10, 2016.